Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Charm City


Since leaving New Mexico ten years ago, I've lived in London, Prague, Nicaragua, Colombia, Brazil, New York City, East Timor, Angola, Chad, Myanmar, and Benin. So, the next stop was obvious...Baltimore. Don't look so surprised, Baltimore has...crabs...The Wire...umm...multiple buses every day to New York.

Oh, and there's Johns Hopkins University, where I'm working on my PhD in the International Health Department in the School of Public Health. After almost four years in Africa, it was time to spend a little time in my own country and in an academic environment.

I'm debating what to do with this blog, since my daily life in the library may not provide the same quality of stories. I don't know when was the last time a rebel came through here. On the other hand, Baltimore does have its share of excitement, for better or worse. And the guy I bought my furniture from had a voodoo temple set up in his closet. Also, I do happen to be in one of the world's centers of global health learning, so maybe I'll focus more on sharing some of the bits of wisdom on saving lives I pick up here. And of course my work and research will still take me down there on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Khin said...

I am glad you are back on the blog. I will waiting to read your sharing experiences and stories of your new environment.

shamsa said...

Good to have some news on your blog,I continue to read it since you introduce it to me, take care.